Tuesday 12 March 2013

Pattern Overload

Well the knitting has come on leaps and bounds since the last blog. I have made front, back and both sleeves of my dog jumper, just leaving the collar to go before having to sew it all together (not my favorite part I must say). In the meantime, I have been knitting a cute little tea cosy for a friend's birthday. I'm hoping to finish that tonight at my first ever crafting gathering type meeting. Having spoken to a friend about my desire to join a local knitting group, she informed me that she knew of a general crafty group that met once a month near her, so I am checking it out tonight. Do hope there are other knitters there, otherwise I might have to pretend I know something about sewing (or even worse, art!). Will update on whether I survive the experience, and more crucially, on whether I finish the tea cosy!

Also, have taken a delivery of all of the knitting patterns my mother has ever collected bar the odd few she wants to keep. As she is the sort of knitter I aspire to be, not needing a pattern at all and able to confidently clack something out whilst not taking her eyes off the cricket, there are rather a lot of patterns she no longer needs. I am therefore implementing an advanced filing system in order to keep track of them and ensure I can find the right pattern for my needs. Well, I’ve stuck them in a couple of box files anyway. They will get sorted eventually and perhaps then I can find projects for the hundreds of balls of wool that I have lying around the house (but that’s another story!).

No comments:

Post a Comment