Friday 15 March 2013

Fluorescent Pineapples

So it turns out my brain can either knit, or talk, but certainly can't do both things at once. I went along to the crafty meeting as intended the other day, but sadly no progress was made on the tea cosy. I did succeed in drinking a cup of tea and eating a lovely piece of homemade cake, but the tea cosy lay abandoned. Instead I erred on the side of caution and decided to make another square for my picnic blanket, something I can just about knit whilst maintaining conversation.

The progress of the tea cosy has not been entirely halted however, as I have been sneaking in a little knitting now and then, making a daffodil petal here, and a trumpet there. The front and back are finished, as are both daffodil trumpets and one of the sets of petals. So near now, I must finish it this weekend. Then I can get back to the dog jumper. Or start knitting the many sets of baby booties required for my many pregnant friends. Or start making a different tea cosy for another friend's birthday. Only issue with that option is despite my enormous stash, I don't have quite the right colour wool. The question is, can pineapples be fluorescent orange?

No comments:

Post a Comment