Monday 17 January 2011

The Cardigan Begins...

I finally managed to start knitting my first cardigan for myself yesterday. I was awaiting the all-clear from my fiance's mother before using the wool she had given me. I was very happy when she presented me with 350g of new jaeger wool, one slightly used ball and part of a cardigan she had been making with it. I promptly unravelled the cardy and I'm guessing that I've now got 450-500g to work with. I'm hoping so anyway as the cardigan says it needs 5 100g balls. I hope that's the lower end of 500g rather than the higher!

I cast on with the thumb method as the pattern said, but I'm still not keen on it. Bit too messy for my liking. I did a few rows of the rib yesterday and sneakily completed a few more during my lunchbreak today. If I could knit as fast as my mother I would have probably finished the whole thing by now. All in good time I hope.

Back to the wool. I'm using Jaeger Matchmaker DK in Auburn. I really do hope I have enough as I have trawled through the internet and found no more of this stuff available to buy whatsoever. Roll on the stingiest knitting I have ever done!

No comments:

Post a Comment